The 2019 KIER international joint project is to promote top-tier cutting edge research in the energy technology including separation and conversion materials, energy materials, thermal energy system, photovoltaic, fuel cell, hydrogen and fuel cell, clean fuel energy, system convergence by international joint R&D projects
This is an excellent opportunity for KSEA members to collaborate with Korean colleagues through projects funded by KIER.
1) Any Scientists and engineers in need of KIER’s funding support with an aim for advancing state of the art research in the area of energy technology
2) Those with more than 3 years of relevant professional career
1) Any scientists and engineers who meet the abovementioned qualifications are eligible to apply and submit foreign PI’s concept paper and CV by May 17(Thursday), 2018.
- Proposal Concept Paper (CP) can be written either in English
- Proposal CPs relevant to KIER’s 11 CPs (refer to the list) only are eligible for this funding program.
- If you submit CP with no relevance with KIER’s 11 CPs, then it will not be accepted as funding program this year. However, it will be referred and shared among KIER’s researchers when applying in 2019.
- Overhead cost cannot exceed 20% of total budget cost (This rate can be negotiable after the final selection)
2) After the 1st proposal evaluation*, several top-ranked candidates will be selected as eligible partners for full proposal submission with 11 KIER PIs. One partner for one KIER PI will be matched by the 1st evaluation on May 24, 2018. It will be evaluated by your submitted written Concept Paper and your CV only. (No oral presentations) *1st evaluation by KIER International Cooperation Committee
3) KIER will award three (3) to five (5) projects (number is changeable) which successfully pass the final presentation evaluation* as KIER’s international joint projects.
* Final presentation evaluation by KIER International Cooperation Committee and Research Committee Presentation speaker should be either foreign PI and KIER PI Presentation venue will be KIER in Korea. Video conference presentation is also available for those who can’t visit KIER.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Woonho Baek, Coordinator, Global R&D Strategy Team of KIER at email@example.com or 82-42-860-3633.
More details are given below.
- 2019 KIER international joint project program guidelines
- List of KIER CPs
- Concept Papers from KIER PIs
- CP_template of foreign PI
Hope many of you can take advantage of this funding opportunity for successful joint projects.