Page infoauthor admin date17-10-19 15:37 hit577 comment0
KSEA is pleased to announce the 5th SEED (Scientists’ and Engineers’ Early-Career Development) Workshop will be held at the KSEA Headquarters on December 9-10, 2017.
Event Title: SEED 2017
Date: December 9-10, 2017 (Sat-Sun)
Venue: KSEA Headquarters, 1952 Gallows Rd, Vienna, VA 22182
Online Application: https://seed.ksea.org
SEED has had great success since its inception in 2013 and can be a life changing experience for you. SEED is provided by experts and mentors from academia and industry who truly understand the needs and challenges facing young Korean-American scientists and engineers. For more detailed information and application, please visit the SEED website, https://seed.ksea.org.
We are accepting only 70 participants (30 graduating PhD students/postdocs, 20 junior members in industry, and 20 tenure-track faculty in academia). Admission of applicants will be made on a rolling basis, and the registration site for accepted applicants will open on Nov 6, 2017 (Monday). We are accepting only 70 participants (30 graduating PhD students/postdocs, 20 junior members in industry, and 20 tenure-track faculty in academia). The application will close once the number of registered applicants reaches 70. Thus, early application is critical if you must attend the workshop.
Qualifications for Application:
• PhD Students who are expected to graduate by June 30, 2018
• Postdoctoral Researchers
• Early Career Professionals in Industry
• Tenure Track Faculty in Academia (including national lab employees)
Personal information, short statement of research interest and career goal, and CV.
Registration fee (once accepted):
$50 for PhD students; $75 for postdocs; $100 for junior faculty or early stage professionals
Attendees are required to have active KSEA membership and participate in the entire workshop events. KSEA will provide the following financial supports to the attendees:
(1) Travel support: Airfare up to $200 (east coast), $250 (central), and $300 (west coast), or driving mileage ($0.50/mile) up to $150
(2) Hotel accommodation: One night (Saturday, Dec. 17) or two nights (for qualified travelers from west coast) shared by two participants.
(3) Meals: Lunch and dinner on Saturday, Dec. 9, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday, Dec. 10
For general inquiries, please contact us at the email: email@example.com
Seogjoo Jang, SEED 2017 Program Chair
Eun-Suk Seo, KSEA President