The Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) is pleased to announce the results of its 2019 general election. The ballot counting took place at KSEA HQ on April 13, 2019. All ballots have been accounted for according to the rules that were pre-established by the Election Committee, and no election-related irregularities were found.
- Number of Eligible Voters: 3477
- Number of Valid Ballots Received: 720 (20.71% of eligible voters; 10% quorum was met)
The newly elected officers and councilors are:
48th President-Elect (49th President):
Soolyeon Cho, North Carolina State University
48th Vice President 1:
Jong Y. Park, Moffitt Cancer Center/Univ. of South Florida
48th Vice President 2:
Yun H. Choe, Lucas & Mercanti, LLP
Yong Rak Kim, University of Nebraska
Technical Councilor Group K:
Gon Namkoong, Old Dominion University
Technical Councilor Group M:
Ahseon Park, Ahseon Park Law Firm PLLC
Voting Incentives Announcement
- Chapter supports by the voting rate: Eastern Carolina (1st place, $750), Berkeley Chapter (2nd place, 500) and Washington Metro Chapter (3rd place, $250)
- Chapter supports by the number of votes: New York Metro Chapter (1st place, $750), North Carolina Chapter (2nd place, $500) and South Texas Chapter (3rd place, $250)
- 20 raffle winners (selected by computer): $50 Amazon gift card link will be sent individually.
|KSEA ID||First Name||Last Name|
Congratulations to the elected members and the incentive winners! Thank you for the participation and support.