The 2020 KIER international joint project is to promote top-tier cutting edge research in the energy technology including separation and conversion materials, energy materials, thermal energy system, photovoltaic, fuel cell, hydrogen and fuel cell, clean fuel energy, system convergence by international joint R&D projects
This is an excellent opportunity for KSEA members to collaborate with Korean colleagues through projects funded by KIER.
1) Any Scientists and engineers in need of KIER’s funding support with an aim for advancing state of the art research in the area of energy technology
2) Those with more than 3 years of relevant professional career
1) Any scientists and engineers who meet the above mentioned qualifications are eligible to apply and submit foreign PI’s concept paper and CV to Mr. Woonho Baek at email@example.com by June 28(Friday), 2019.
- Proposal CPs relevant to KIER’s 9 CPs (refer to the list) only are eligible for this funding program.
- If you submit CP with no relevance with KIER’s 9 CPs, then it will not be accepted as funding program this year. However, it will be referred and shared among KIER’s researchers when applying in 2020.
- Overhead cost cannot exceed 20% of total budget cost (This rate can be negotiable after the final selection)
2) After the 1st proposal evaluation *, several top-ranked candidates will be selected as eligible partners for full proposal submission with 9 KIER PIs. One partner for one KIER PI will be matched by the 1st evaluation during the 1st week of July 2019. It will be evaluated by your submitted written Concept Paper and your CV only. (No oral presentations) * 1st evaluation by KIER International Cooperation Committee
3) KIER will award two (2) projects (number is changeable) which successfully pass the final presentation evaluation * * as KIER’s international joint projects. ** Final presentation evaluation by KIER International Cooperation Committee and Research Committee
- Presentation speaker should be both foreign PI and KIER PI
- Presentation venue will be KIER in Korea.
- Video conference presentation is also available for those who can’t visit KIER.
More details are given below.
- 2020 KIER international joint project program guidelines
- List of KIER CPs
- Concept Papers from KIER PIs
- CP_template of foreign PI
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Woonho Baek, Coordinator, Global R&D Strategy Team of KIER at firstname.lastname@example.org or 82-42-860-3633.
Hope many of you can take advantage of this funding opportunity for successful joint projects.