KSEA is pleased to announce the 4th Youth Science & Technology Leadership Camp (YSTLC 2019). The camp will be held in Chicago, IL from August 11 through August 17, 2019.
- Eligibility: 8th – 12th Junior high and high school students
- Fees: $2,500
- Fees cover lodging, meals, camp programs, hotels, tours, etc. at the camp site. Airfare to and from Chicago is NOT included
- $200 off for family of KSEA members (renew at: https://www.ksea.org/join.aspx)
- $100 off for two or more applicants from the same family
(example: total for two applicants from the same family will be $2,300 x 2 – $100 = $4,500 for KSEA members, $2,500 x 2 – $100 = $4,900 for non-members)
- Application: Online at http://ystlc.ksea.org/
- A non-refundable $300 deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Deadline: June 30th, 2019 or until 20 spots are filled
Highlights of YSTLC 2019 include:
- Meeting with 2013 Nobel Laureate Dr. Lars Peter Hansen
- Team Project and Career Development Session
- Academic Campus and Research Lab Tours – University of Chicago and Northwestern University International Institute for Nanotechnology
- National Lab Tours – Fermilab and Argonne National Laboratory
- Industry Tour – AbbVie (Biopharmaceutical Company)
- US-Korea Conference (UKC) 2019 Sessions
- Excursion to downtown Chicago
- Scholarship awards to select students who successfully complete the program
- $200 fee discount for family of KSEA members
In addition, we are excited to offer this year’s participants a chance to compete for a paid research internship position in the Physics Department at the University of Texas in Arlington in Summer 2020. This is an exclusive opportunity available to YSTLC 2019 participants only. See attached flyer and http://ystlc.ksea.org/ for more information.
Thank you very much for your interest and support. Should you have any questions, please contact KSEA at email@example.com.
President, K. Stephen Suh, President Elect & UKC Chair, Jun-Seok Oh, and YSTLC Program Chair, Gloria J. Kim