Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) is seeking a creative Information Technology (IT) Staff who will lead KSEA IT operations and Information Systems (IS) development at head quarter with the emphasis on Full Stack Web Systems Development. If you are seeking an opportunity of playing a significant role in helping a non-profit organization, while also earning income and enhancing your resume, this is the job for you.
The KSEA IT Staff reports to IT Directors. KSEA IT Staff is accountable for a quality IT experience by providing visionary technical leadership and information systems management to ensure the success of the KSEA operations and events management. The KSEA IT Staff leads and manages all websites and information systems for the businesses of the headquarter and local chapters/branches, supporting the IT-related demands of headquarter staff members, fosters cybersecurity and information assurance awareness, and actively engages in IT projects under the IT Directors’ supervision. This position is a 3-month contract with potential to convert full-time (or part-time) employee under annual renewal.
About the Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)
KSEA was established in 1971 as a non-profit professional organization and has grown to over 6,000 registered members with ~ 70 Local Chapter and Branches, ~30 Affiliated Professional Societies, and 13 Technical Groups across the United States. The organization objectives are to promote the application of science and technology for the general welfare of society, foster international cooperation especially between the U.S. and Korea, and help Korean-American Scientists and Engineers develop their full career potential. Details about KSEA are available from the university’s website at https://ksea.org/us/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support all IT-related businesses of KSEA including HQ Staff, Executive Committee, Directors Committee, and Local Chapters.
- Design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate all KSEA information systems including websites, web applications, mobile apps, software applications, and databases.
- Plan, develop, and update web application architecture to be extensible.
- Create holistic web and mobile solutions to address short and long-term business goals.
- Maintain IT and IS currency and leads the effort to review and revise plans to enhance the KSEA member experience.
- Model excellence in administering and modernizing KSEA IT and IS.
- Oversee and monitor the performance of IT and IS to ensure KSEA operation quality.
- Develop and advocate for new IT business development and IT-related staff development.
- Ensure that the KSEA IT is in alignment with the KSEA’s business and growth plans.
- Keep lifelong learning to integrate emerging information technologies and computing paradigms into KSEA IT and IS.
Education & Communication:
- Master’s Degree or two-year experience after B.S. Degree in Computing-related area (Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or Information Technology)
- 4Cs (Comprehension, Communication, Critical Thinking and Collaboration)
- Comprehension: Bilingual in English and Korean
- Communication: Self-motivated, independent, pro-active, and responsible
- Critical Thinking: Able to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with system thinking, computational thinking, algorithmic thinking, and adversary thinking
- Collaboration: Able to work with diverse stakeholders
- Proven evidence in software development with general-purpose programming languages like C# or Java
- Proven evidence in web application development with web programming language and/or framework like PHP and Laravel, Ruby on Rail, C# .NET MVC, etc.
- Proven evidence in learning emerging technologies, languages, and tools
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing frontend and/or backend web application development like MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, and NodeJS).
- Demonstrated experience in administering database management system like MySQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing in data using Excel, SQL, R, and Python
- Ability to address IT or IS-related issues and concerns in support of KSEA success
- Demonstrates awareness, sensitivity and cultural awareness to diverse members, officers, staff, and external communities.
- Professional software development experiences
- Experiences in Single Page Application and/or Progressive Web Application
- Experiences in Data Analytics and/or Data Science
- One or more years of progressively responsible work in the tech industry
The knowledge, skills, and abilities of this position and will be used as rating criteria in performance reviews.
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Results Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- People Management
- Project Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, grasp or handle, stoop or bend, and reach.
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Evening and weekend hours are occasionally required in this position.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
The Full-time IT staff salary is based on experiences and terminal degree.
KSEA only accepts application materials through this online application process. Please submit a complete application to be considered for this position; a complete application includes:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume (Curriculum Vitae is preferred.)
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (for interview)
- A list of minimum three references
Office Location: Vienna, VA (partial tele-commuting is possible upon negotiation)
Application Review Date: The first review date for this job is May 1, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer: KSEA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability.
KSEA offers comprehensive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K. Please include a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements. Send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org