The 2021 KIER international joint project is to promote energy technology of KIER and conducting the top-tier cutting edge joint R&Ds with foreign research groups.
This is an excellent opportunity for KSEA members to collaborate with Korean colleagues through projects funded by KIER.
- The FY 2021 KIER international joint R&D project* will be funded by KIER.
* Description for KIER’s International Joint R&D Project
*Approx. 150M KRW at maximum will be granted for each project.
(50M KRW for KIER / 100M KRW for the foreign partner, at the most)
1) Any Scientists and engineers in need of KIER’s funding support with an aim for advancing state of the art research in the area of energy technology
2) Those with more than 3 years of relevant professional career
1) Any scientists and engineers who meet the above-mentioned qualifications are eligible to apply and submit foreign PI’s concept paper (CP) and CV by July 31 (Friday), 2020.
- Proposal CPs relevant to KIER’s 8 CPs (refer to the list) only are eligible for this funding program.
- If you submit CP with no relevance with KIER’s 8 CPs, then it will not be accepted as funding program this year. However, it will be referred and shared among KIER’s researchers when apply in 2021.
- Overhead cost cannot exceed 20% of total budget cost
(This rate can be negotiable after the final selection)
2) After the 1st proposal evaluation, several top-ranked candidates will be selected as eligible partners for full proposal submission with 8 KIER PIs. One partner for one KIER PI will be matched at the 1st evaluation during the 1st week of August, 2020. The submitted CP(Concept Paper) and your CV only are considered in the evaluation by KIER Committee. (No oral presentations)
3) KIER will award two (2) projects (the number maybe changed depending the budge available) which successfully pass the final presentation evaluation as KIER’s international joint projects.
- Presentation speaker should be both foreign PI and KIER PI
- Foreign PI gives an online presentation via web application.
- KIER PI will attend the evaluation venue at KIER and present before evaluators.
More details for your applications are given below.
- 2021 KIER international joint project program guidelines
- CP template for foreign PI
- CPs from KIER Pls
- List of KIER CPs
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Woonho Baek, Coordinator, Global R&D Strategy Team of KIER at email@example.com or 82-42-860-3633.
Hope many of you can take advantage of this funding opportunity for successful joint projects.