It is the policy of Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) that:
- All KSEA members and participants of the events organized by KSEA shall conduct themselves in a professional manner that is welcoming to all members and participants and free from any forms of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
- KSEA members and event participants shall treat each other with respect and consideration to create a collegial, inclusive, and professional environment in all KSEA contexts.
- Creating a supportive environment to enable a productive scientific collaboration and community services is the responsibility of all KSEA members and participants of KSEA organized events.
- KSEA members and all participants of KSEA organized events shall avoid any inappropriate actions or statements based on individual characteristics such as age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, nationality, political affiliation, religious or philosophical beliefs, ability status, or educational background.
- Disruptive or harassing behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Harassment includes but is not limited to inappropriate or intimidating behavior and language, unwelcome jokes or comments, unwanted touching or attention, inappropriate photography, stalking, harassing photography or recording, offensive or sexually oriented images and aggressive physical behavior.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviors is likewise prohibited.
If a KSEA member or a participant of a KSEA organized event suspects harassment, discrimination, or retaliation has occurred in violation of this Code of Conduct policy, that person may bring the matter to the attention of the KSEA Code of Conduct Oversight Task Force by contacting a member of the committee, to review the complainant’s reporting and resolution options.
Code of Conduct Oversight Task Force:
Vice-President 2: Chang Soo Nam (919-515-8140, csnam AT ncsu dot edu)
Immediate Past Vice-President 2: Young-sup Yoon (404-727-8176(, yyoon5 AT emory dot edu)
Immediate Past President: Soolyeon Cho (919-513-8061, scho3 AT ncsu dot edu)
Rules Committee Chair: Jun-Seok Oh (269-599-5076, oh dot ksea AT gmail dot com)
Young Generation Representative Councilor: SJ Claire Hur (410-516-6653, clairesj.hur AT gmail dot com )
Revised on October 12, 2021.